Thursday, November 18, 2010

We prefer nice people.



Both Salli and I are recent college graduates. She stayed in her home state and attended her state university. I ventured out of state and graduated from a small liberal arts college. I’ve realized that my alma mater, lets call it Aloha College (that sounds fun), really provided me with a skewed view of what the ‘real world’ was like. Being such a small school, everybody knew everybody, and every bit of dirt and rumor about them. Consequently, on a rare occasion, when one did meet somebody new, all you had to do was turn to the person to your right and then Bam, you knew whether or not they could be trusted, who they’ve slept with, and what kind of social economic background they originated from. It was strangely and fictionally bizarre. Since we’ve begun meeting truck loads of people, I’ve realized that I really don’t know anything about these people. Sometimes we’ve invited them into our homes, sometime’s we’ve given them rides, sometimes we’ll end up at someone’s apartment. Although this is very normal for a socially active single, the idea that these people could figuratively fuck you over, it is a bit unnerving.

Be careful out there… I know that I am naïve, trust easily and love quickly (not necessarily romantically, but just in general). It’s very rare that I’m not with a wingwoman (unless I’m hiding behind a book at the Porter or Brick Store), which acts like one of those huge foam bicycle helmets that special little kids wear to keep you from unwillingly cracking your brain on some boy’s bed frame. (Graphic much?)

Yours truly,

June

No comments:

Post a Comment