Friday, November 26, 2010

Boys: Societal expectations exist for a reason..

Ok…So, at the risk of sounding redundant, I met this guy (2 days ago, at the always classy Dark Horse…). For whatever reason, my favorite opening line is quickly becoming “Hi, you’re cute!” Call me tactless, but I would choose to consider myself direct and straight forward—my methods save time and energy that could be allocated otherwise.  So far it has worked out well.

Anywhoooo…He asked me to grab a drink with him and a couple friends, and so I brought a friend as well.  We got to the meeting place, and he had a girl with him?  Call me old fashioned, but if you ask a girl to meet up for drinks and you’re interested in her, you should proooobably not bring another girl with you.  And pay for her drinks.  And drive her home.  And then call me expecting to hang out.  Just sayin…  I am a major fan of unconventional dating approaches, but when they appear in the form of a female 3rd wheel on what was supposed to be a date, I'm going to wish you two the best.  For the sake of pointing out the obvious (or so I thought), I’m just going to go out on a limb and say that’s not ok. 


Apprehensive about your courting approaches,


Salli   

...Have YOU met us? Well....have you?

1 comment: