Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seduce me with your proper tense

I think grammar is sexy. I should clarify, I think having good grammar is sexy. Good quality writing in general can make all the difference regarding attractiveness. Even in a casual setting, such as text messaging and facebook wall-posting, paying attention to what and how you write is imperative and will make or break an impression.

An edgy, beanie-wearing fellow approached me on the dance floor at Graveyard on Saturday (Nov 14). He was attractive and seemed harmless, so we danced. I was there with one of my best friends from college, NoPantsMan, and I didn’t want to abandon him, so I after a song or two, I politely excused myself. He insisted that he get my phone number. Again, I obliged. Here’s the following text messaging conversation:

Nov 14, 2010 2:33 AM Beanie: “You are too sexy says yer boy Beanie”
Nov 14, 2010, 9:21 AM June: “Oh you’re sweet! Thank you! Hope you had a good time last night.”
Nov 14, 2010 4:58PM Beanie: “Oh yes.  a good time was had. should chill soon good lookin”
Nov 15, 2010 9:33PM Beanie: “Junie g, wanna go grab somethin to drink?”
Nov 15, 2010 9:35 June: “I would, but I’ve been in class since 1:30 and I just got out… And I pulled an all nighter last night…hah”
Nov 15, 2010 9:37 Beanie: “damn, sounds intense.”
Nov 15, 2010 9:40 June: “Welcome to the next two years of my life. I’ll see you then?”
Nov 15, 2010 9:50 Beanie: “Yeah, give me a shout”

Obviously he thought I was kidding. Get back to me in 2 years, Beanie.

Junee 

No comments:

Post a Comment