Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jesus at the Graveyard

Salli, as a regular to El Azteca, left her very cute, tattooed Hispanic waiter a note, informing him of his cuteness. About a month later, we were margaritaing with a mutual friend, and our lovely waiter, Carlos asked Salli if he knew us, as he had recognized her from her previous visit.  We struck up conversation regarding the best bars and clubs to go to around town. Both Salli and I were new to this big city, and this was our official first time to paint the town lipstick red. Salli had just quit her job, and I was about to start my new job later that week. We had no reason to be up on Saturday morning, which we learned, is the best time for margaritas. Javier told us about Atlanta’s apparent number one singles bar, Graveyard as well as El Bar, located beneath El Azteca. Javier suspected that he himself would end up at Graveyard, so naturally we would venture out to East Atlanta with the hopes of catching our lovely margarita-serving tattoo artist. 


Tattoo-oh-hello
June
_____________________________________________________________________________









The first time I made the trip to Atlanta by myself, with the prospect of living here, I visited this great little Mexican restaurant in a neat area of town.  Normally, frozen strawberry margaritas are the only thing on my mind while frequenting cantinas.  However, this particular day, a certain waiter caught my eye.  Tattoos and shaggy hair, with skinny jeans and a lanky but muscular physique—he was very cute.  So I told him.  NO GUTS, NO GLORY, right?  And if Carlos was interested in taking a little trip south of the border, I was totally game. 

Aaaaannywho… I am generally the ballsy one of my friends, and I enjoy putting myself out there almost any chance I get.  If nothing else, you get an entertaining story to share.  So far in Atlanta we have been refreshed with similarly aggressive guys.  Coming from a college town where guys were too cool for themselves, it is refreshing to be approached by suitors, and decent ones at that.  June and I have outlined a hand full of places where we have never walked away without meeting some really interesting people who were very worthy of our time, at least for the night.

Yours affectionately, Atlanta,
Salli






No comments:

Post a Comment